Copy File/Folder Path
Windows Explorer Extensions
If you work with Windows a lot, you will often find yourself copying the paths and names of file and folders. This can get quite cumbersome. Here are some handy Windows Explorer Extensions that can make your job a little bit more easier.
Subhash Copy Path Explorer Extensions are extra Windows Explorer menu options that allow you to easily copy the path or the name of a selected file or folder.
These extensions seem to work okay in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
Before installing the extensions, please read the instructions given below.
To install the Subhash Copy Path Explorer Extensions, perform the following steps carefully.
- Copy the folder the contents of the download file to your "C:\Program Files" folder. If your computer does not have this location, then you need to edit the .REG files. If you are not familiar with editing .REG files, please abandon the installation.
- Open the folder Subhash Copy Path Explorer Extensions in Windows Explorer (the file manager, not the browser Internet Explorer).
- Right-click the Install_Subhash_CopyPath_ExplorerExtensions.reg and select the "Merge" option in the shortcut menu.
- To uninstall the extensions, perform the following steps carefully.
- Open the folder "Subhash Copy Path Explorer Extensions" in Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the UNINSTALL_Subhash_CopyPath_ExplorerExtensions.reg file and select the "Merge" option in the shortcut menu.
Conflicts With Compressed Folders
The Compressed Folders feature of Windows treats zip files as folders. As a result, menu options for both files and folders may appear on zip files. You can get rid of this annoyance by either disabling Compressed Folders or uninstalling my extensions. To disable Compressed Folders:
- Press the Windows+R key combination to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type cmd and press the OK button.
- Type the following command:
regsvr32 /u %windir%\system32\zipfldr.dll
In the absence of Compressed Folders, you might like to use the free alternative IZarc.
If you ever want Compressed Folders back, then use the commands:
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\zipfldr.dll rundll32 zipfldr.dll,RegisterSendto
Subhash Copy Path Explorer Extensions is free software. The source code is supplied with the software and is licenced under GPL v3.